As a platform engineer, you will be working on systems that power our social media platform, theodysseyonline.com and enhancing the content creation experience for our users. Our engineers are empowered to make business decisions and to be part of the product definition process, and you will be expected to be capable of leading projects of various sizes. We are looking for individuals that enjoy start-up environments and seek aggressive growth. Candidates should feel passionate about the opportunity to change the media industry. This position may be based in New York, Indianapolis or remote for the right candidate.
This role is focused on both front-end and back-end development. Candidates should have a breadth of experience in front-end, back-end, and data engineering. Ideally, you should have prior exposure to Pub/Sub, big data, and/or complex enterprise systems.
- Frontend: React + Redux + Babel + ImmutableJS + Draft.js, Sass, Webpack, ES6
- Backend: Node.js + Sequelize, Koa, ExpressJS, Python
- Persistence Layer: MySQL (Amazon RDS Aurora), MSSQL
- Platforms: AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Docker Swarm
- Monitoring: New Relic, StatusCake, Sentry.io, Grafana, InfluxDB
- Quality Assurance: Jest, Selenium, ESLint
- Misc: Redis, Docker, Drone CI/CD, AWS services
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge about Python and Django or Flask a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server or other SQL solutions.
- Experience with at least one NoSQL solution.
- Able to work autonomously and lead projects.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar degree.
Bonus points if you…
- Have worked in a cloud-based environment using solutions in Azure or AWS.
- Have knowledge of distributed computing, big data, Lambda Architecture, and other buzzwords.
- Have knowledge or interest in video players and encoding.
- Have knowledge or interest in advertising and monetization.
- Have foundational knowledge of microservice architectures.
- Enjoy working in many areas across the stack.
Odyssey is a platform that empowers you to create and engage with content, connect through communities, and amplify your voice to reach the audience your story deserves. Create, Engage, Connect and Learn.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plan, and Flex Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Odyssey participates in E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Read more about us at about.theodysseyonline.com
Interested parties should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org