The manager of Business Intelligence (BI) has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI teams. This role will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related functional areas:
- Enterprise/Corporate Performance Management. Management and governance of strategies, goals, objectives, metrics, KPIs/KPMs. Optionally, enterprise scorecards
- Establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders, including, internal staff, partners, and clients. This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on information and analytics.
- Leading all key traffic management processes and date
- Aligning across the organization to ensure we are hitting our business metrics
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration
- Information delivery (portals, mobile)
- Advanced/predictive analytics (may be part of the same or a different position/department)
- Big data (may be part of the same or a different position/department)
- Finding ways to leverage existing enterprise data and information in company’s products and services.
Success criteria include:
- Traffic Management and Growth
- Global Business Intelligence Process
- Corporate Wide Metrics Reporting and Access
Experience and Education Required:
- Clear understanding and a buy in into the company’s business strategy
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, operations, management, or a related field is required.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in social platforms and online publishing
Specific skills required include:
- Extensive expertise in AWS, MYSQL and Google Data Studio
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Experience with relational – SQL – and multidimensional – MDX – query languages
- Experience with business driven / self-service BI
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- A solid understanding of the BI vendor landscape
- A solid understanding of mobile delivery architecture and best practices
- Experience with data science, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive algorithms
- General business skills:
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Experience in building and supporting BI/analytics/big data business cases
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy laws
Odyssey is a platform that empowers you to create and engage with content, connect through communities, and amplify your voice to reach the audience your story deserves. Create, Engage, Connect and Learn.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plan, and Flex Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Odyssey participates in E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Read more about us at about.theodysseyonline.com
Interested parties should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org