Odyssey is looking for talented software engineers to join our growing team. Projects focus on our website and our custom writing platform. We are looking for a Software Engineer, Test that will closely integrate with the software engineering team and empower them, helping to create tooling and efficiencies for automated testing of the development.
- Frontend: React + Redux + Babel + ImmutableJS + Draft.js, Sass, Webpack, ES6
- Backend: Node.js + Sequelize, Koa, ExpressJS, Python
- Persistence Layer: MySQL (Amazon RDS Aurora), MSSQL
- Platforms: AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Docker Swarm
- Monitoring: New Relic, StatusCake, Sentry.io, Grafana, InfluxDB
- Quality Assurance: Jest, Selenium, ESLint
- Misc: Redis, Docker, Drone CI/CD, AWS services
What we expect of you
- Interest in agile development and DevOps.
- Ability to thoroughly understand underlying technologies, to understand what the largest candidates are for what should be tested.
- Basic knowledge of at least one web MVC framework, preferably React–you need to be able to get your hands dirty in feature code.
- Engage with software engineers to develop a test plan for our software
- Engage with devops engineers to develop a full CI pipeline to run automated tests
- Engage with the product team and engineers to develop “eye candy” that relay test success/failure information to the rest of the team
- Ability to effective communicate with local and remote employees alike
- Be positive! We like to have fun and joke around while we work!
Bonus points if you…
- Know other web testing platforms, and can converse about the pros and the cons between each.
- Have experience in unit testing, integration testing, scalability testing, and UI testing.
- Don’t mind running smoke tests, but you also don’t mind delegating to engineers, making QA an organic process that the whole team is responsible for.
- Prefer a collaborative environment, and you have disdain for “throw it over the wall” or “gatekeeper” mentalities.
- Know all the things. Or at least some of the things.
- Have an animal that you can bring into work. We have lots of furry employees!
Odyssey is a platform that empowers you to create and engage with content, connect through communities, and amplify your voice to reach the audience your story deserves. Create, Engage, Connect and Learn.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plan, and Flex Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Odyssey participates in E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Read more about us at about.theodysseyonline.com
Interested parties should email resumes to email@example.com